Extreme Heat Can Be Dangerous to Pets
Wednesday, June 22, 2016
Be prepared by developing an emergency plan with your veterinarian.
Any of these dangers may require emergency care:
· prolonged exposure to high temperatures
· burns caused by hot surfaces (pavement, sidewalks)
· Heat stroke/stress can result in collapse, shock and sometimes death.
· All animals need water and shade.
· Never leave a pet in a parked vehicle.
· Limit exercise in summer heat.
· Hot pavement burns pet’s feet.
Ask your veterinarian about prevention, symptoms, first aid instructions, and emergency care.